Ring Back Tones
RBT is a modern service in field of mobile entertainment. It allows the caller listening to music or other audio tracks instead of regular ring tone while waiting until the called person answers the call. It provides variety of entertainment opportunities, but also different business oriented services, especially focused on personification of provided information which the caller gets before the called party answers the call.
Music can be selected from a soundtrack set (list of tracks from different genres, specific sounds, or combination of music and verbal tracks). RBT are not dependant on types of handsets, because the tracks are not recorded on handsets; they are stored directly in operator’s switches. Users are able to preset personal RBT according to own specifications, for instance according to time of day, day in year, callers or caller groups and thus personify the RBT. These modern functions have pleasing impact on callers, because they are addressed by variety of welcome melodies according to e.g. different daytime.
RBT have following functionalities which can be managed via a self care platform by the end users:
- RBT assignment to different callers – user can assign different RBT to different callers.
- RBT selection according to category or genre – user can select RBT from different genres, sounds of verbal tracks.
- RBT assignment to different caller groups – user can create different groups of callers and assign different RBT to them.
- creation of contacts – user can create so called contacts with description and possible assignment to a certain group.
- RBT selection according to day time – user can assign different RBT depending on specific time of day.
- standard RBT selection – user can preset standard RBT for callers not belonging to any specific group with assigned specific RBT.
- creation of own portfolio – user can create own portfolio of RBT, which means that he or she can arbitrarily add RBTs from „platform“ portfolio to „personal“ portfolio.
- automatic RBT insertion in portfolio – if user selects specific RBT from platform portfolio, it is consequently stored into his or her personal portfolio.
- unlimited selection – user can select either from platform portfolio or personal portfolio while assigning RBT.
- preset preview – user can preview all callers, which group they belong to; eventually, check the groups. Additionally, he or she can check which RBTs are assigned to different groups or specific callers. User can also preview the personal portfolio.